ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System
Business continuity is vital to business success, and in today's interconnected world, virtually every aspect of a company's operation is vulnerable to disruption. Considering Philippines, implementing business continuity practices is not a matter of choice but is a must considering the number of typhoons and earthquakes hit the country every year. It is time now that no matter a large or a small organization should have their business continuity & disaster recovery plans in place to effectively manage itself during any such calamity.
Business Continuity Management is a holistic management process that identifies potential threats to an organization and the impacts to business operations that those threats, if realized, might cause. It provides a framework for building organizational resilience with the capability for an effective response that safeguards the interests of its key stakeholders, reputation, brand and value-creating activities. The most adopted framework for organizations to implement is based on ISO 22301 (Business Continuity Management System). ISO 22301 emphasizes the need for a well-defined incident response structure. This ensures that when incidents occur, responses are escalated in a timely manner and people are empowered to take the necessary actions to be effective. Life safety is emphasized and a particular point is made that the organization must communicate with external parties who may be affected, for instance if an incident poses a noxious or explosive risk to surrounding public areas.
ECCI helps the clients in disaster preparedness by having its Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery plans in place.
ECCI helps the customers in establishing processes, resources, and guidelines to ensure the availability of functions and services to customers during any disaster. We proactively assess the business processes of our customers and support in analyzing the mitigating measures for potential disruptions through their business continuity plans. Our team of experts has supported some of the large organizations in the country effective business continuity management system in place and achieved certifications on the same.
Who should implement Business Continuity Management System?
Any organization who would like to adopt the best practices of business continuity and disaster recovery from a disaster can implement certain BCMS measures. For critical business units it is essential to have BCMS in place. Such industries include:
- Utility (Power, Water, Telecom)
- Retail Stores
- Healthcare services
- Distribution & Logistics
- BPOs & Call Center
Why Business Continuity Management?
- Proactively identify the impacts of an operational disruption
- Determine an effective response to disruptions which minimizes the impact on the organization
- Maintains an ability to manage risks
- Encourages cross-team working
- Demonstrate a credible response through a process of exercising
- Enhance an organization’s reputation
- Gain a competitive advantage
Key Services we offer
Business Continuity Management System Implementation
- Provides end to end support for in implementing BCSM based on the requirement of ISO 22301 for the clients and preparing them to achieve the certification for the standard. Key areas we focus during the implementation are:
- Current State Assessment
- Conduct Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Development of Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Align BCM with Risk Management
- Implement ISO 22301 standard requirements
- Support in developing Disaster Recovery (DR) Strategies
- Perform drills and testing to verify feasibility of plans
- Support in implementing Disaster Recovery plans and readiness to face any disaster by implementing customized best practices from various international standards
|Enterprise Risk Management||Lean Six Sigma|