Food Safety Management System
Food Safety Management System (FSMS) or ISO 22000 is an auditable standard which integrates the seven principles of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system and application steps developed by the CODEX Alimentarius Commission.
It specifies the requirements for a FSMS that involves interactive communication, system management, prerequisite programmes and HACCP principles.
The FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System provides a framework for effectively managing your food safety and quality responsibilities. FSSC 22000 is fully recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is based on existing ISO Standards. It demonstrates a company has a robust and effective food safety management system (FSMS) in place to meet the requirements of regulators, customers and consumers. ISO 22000:2005 focuses on the total food chain – farming, processing, manufacturing, wholesale, retail food service and also on the interested parties – customers, suppliers, public authorities, etc.
Benefits of Implementing ISO 22000
- An internationally-recognized standard that incorporates legal and regulatory requirements relating to food safety management including HACCP systems
- Better communication both internally and with trading partners and suppliers
- Updated identification, assessment and control of food safety hazards
- Greater consistency in output and traceability of products and services
- Improved compliance with hygiene regulation
- Customer recognition and approval, as well as the potential to penetrate new markets
|QMS for Medical||IT Process Excellence|