ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
Environmental Management System (EMS) ISO 14001 provides a systematic way of reviewing and improving operations for better environmental performance. An EMS can help an operation better meet or exceed its compliance requirements. It also helps streamline operations and use resources more effectively, thereby, reducing costs and impact on the environment to become more competitive. ISO 14001 is a generally accepted standard across all industries as it does not specifically prescribes environmental performance targets or requires the use of any particular technology. Instead, it helps the organization identify its environmental aspects, determine its potential environmental impacts, and set up a system to manage these impacts to improve the organization’s overall environmental performance.
Applying ISO 14001 helps an organization become more environment friendly by identifying its environmental impacts and implementing measures to minimize them.ISO 14001 is implemented by over 200,000 companies and organizations across over 155 countries.
Benefits of an Environmental Management System:
- Lowers business costs by reducing resource consumption and waste production
- Quantifies, monitors and controls the impact of operations on the environment
- Reduces the environmental impact of an organization’s operations
- Complies with local environmental legal requirements
- Promotes positive image among the stakeholders
|Quality Management||Occupational Health & Safety|