- What is Carbon Footprint/GHG Emissions Management?
International best practices in measuring and offsetting an organization’s emission can be aligned to the ISO 14064 (GHG Accounting standard). It is an independent, voluntary GHG project accounting standard.
- Why do organizations need Carbon Footprint/GHG Emissions Management?
The threat posed by anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions on the economy is significant. Climate change also affects local economies dependent on land and natural resources the most. Measuring the carbon footprint of an organization’s operations is one of the most critical measures to assess an organization’s environmental impact.
The ISO 14064 standard consists of three parts. The first part (14064-1) specifies the requirements for designing and developing an organization or entity-level GHG inventories. The second part (14064-2) details requirements for quantifying, monitoring and reporting emission reductions and removal enhancements from GHG projects. The third -party (14064-3) provides requirements and guidance for the conducting of GHG information validation and verification. ISO 14064 gives guidance on what to do but does not spell out the exact requirements.
Who is this for?
It is necessary for all organizations (small & large) to measure their carbon footprint as every activity contributes to emissions and therefore to climate change. It is the first step in realizing one’s impact and before exploring ways to reduce these emissions.
- Reduce your organization’s greenhouse gas emissions and help mitigate climate change.
- Drive savings with carbon reduction initiatives in operations and secondary activities such as energy consumption for heat and lighting, transport and travel.
- Enhanced reputation of organizations can provide improved access to capital through ratings on the growing number of market indices such as the FTSE4Good and DJSI.
- Implement systems ahead of emerging regulations and future requirements when your organization’s emissions may be given a monetary value.
- Understand the level of carbon risk exposure and in which parts of your organization it can be reduced most efficiently
How can we help?
We take the lead in assisting organizations to:
- Identify the sources of carbon emissions,
- measure their impact on climate change through carbon footprint assessment and
- offset their emissions to make them carbon neutral and attain recognition for their effort
Our offerings include an end to end support in assessing the carbon footprint of an organization based on the international best practices of ISO 14064 (GHG Emissions) standard focusing on the following:
- Creation of GHG Inventory
- Classifying activities under the scope of the standard
- Defining process map for emissions
- Calculating Carbon Footprint
- Determining potential areas of reduction
Life Cycle Assessment to determine the carbon footprint of the products/services and potential areas of reduction in the process activity.