- What is Corporate Social Responsibility?
In order to set the direction for the CSR programs and initiatives, ISO has developed an internationally accepted framework – ISO 26000 (Best practices on Social Responsibility) which provides guidance in implementing CSR programs.
ISO 26000 adds value in existing CSR programs of the organization by:
Developing an international consensus on what social responsibility means and the challenges that organizations need to address
Providing guidance on translating principles into effective actions
Refining best practices that have already evolved and disseminating the information worldwide for the good of the international community.
- Why do organizations need Corporate Social Responsibility?
All the organizations play a significant role in socio-economic development of the communities, in areas where they operate, especially through their CSR programs and initiatives. In recent years there has been significant growth in the number of enterprises that have an explicit policy on CSR. At the same time, the practice of CSR has evolved considerably. In an increasing number of companies, CSR and sustainability have become cross-cutting issues that are deeply integrated within both operations and strategy.
ECCI takes the lead in strategically aligning the social responsibility guidance framework into the existing CSR programs and initiatives of organizations namely in areas relating to:-
Who is this for?
Any organization promoting sustainable development, CSR programs and sustainability reporting should implement ISO 26000 best practices.
Determines key aspects of social responsibility from the business perspective
- Involves all the departments in the social development rather than considering a stand-alone perspective
- Builds trust among the stakeholders by showcasing efforts in being a responsible organization
- Sets up a framework for measuring your social development performances.
- Contributes to the global agenda of sustainable development
How can we help?
We support in streamlining the complete process of social responsibility practices making it and organization wide initiative rather than department wide.
Providing end to end support in streamlining the CSR practices and implementing best practices of ISO 26000 focusing on:
- Stakeholder Management
- Identification & prioritizing core issues
- Alignment of existing practices to ISO 26000 guidelines
- Development of Social Development Manual
- Verification of alignment to the standard
We also separately conduct CSR Impact assessment / Sustainable Return of Investment (SROI) to measure the potential benefit attained by the community.