- What is this Energy Management System?
The most applicable standard for organizations is ISO 50001 (Energy Management System), which is adapted from the best practices of the ISO 14001(Environmental Management System- most widely accepted standard). The purpose of ISO 50001 is to enable organizations to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance including energy efficiency, energy use, and consumption. It specifies requirements applicable to energy use and consumption, including measurement, documentation and reporting, design and procurement practices for equipment, systems, processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance.
- Why do organizations need Energy Management System?
Energy Management is an approach to systematically use management and technology to improve the energy performance of an organization. With the support of proper energy management systems, organizations can radically reduce the operating cost by increasing the efficiency of the process and minimizing losses.
Who is this for?
Any organization who would like to reduce its operating cost and is one of the major consumers of energy for its operations. Typical industries would include:
- Manufacturing industries
- Telecommunication service providers
- Utility companies (Power, Water)
- BPO & Call centres
- Retail Stores
Reduce dependence on the fossil fuels that are becoming increasingly limited in supply
- Reduce operational cost by using energy more efficiently
- Achieve significant Return on Investment (ROI) on technological equipment
- Raise awareness of energy management in the organizations and Increase participation of the team in managing the resources efficiently
- Set up a standard process and approach in energy management throughout the organization
- Reduce organizational carbon footprint thus minimizing the impact on climate change.
How can we help?
We provide end to end support in implementing the best practices of ISO 50001 focusing on:
- – Conducting energy audit
- – Developing baseline for the operations
- – Setting up energy targets
- – Identification & implementation of energy management initiatives
- – Measuring reductions achieved
- – Compliance audit
We also conduct the technical energy audit for our clients to determine energy losses and potential areas of reductions with the calculated ROI