- What is SMS (ISO 20000)?
SMS (ISO 20000) is a means to deliver value to a customer by facilitating outcomes desired by the customer. With the support of ISO 20000 (Service Management System), service providers will be able to culminate international best practices for managing services as a core operation of a business. ISO 20000 promotes the “adoption of an integrated process approach to effectively deliver managed services to meet the business and customer requirements”. It would touch on areas as capacity planning, performance management, problem and change management, configuration management and service continuity management.
- Why do organizations need SMS (ISO 20000)?
With the conscious shift towards an economy that is service-driven and the extent of influence that IT plays in delivering quality service, IT service management plays a central role in any global organization today. Best practices such as ITIL® and ISO 20000 are well accepted around the world as benchmarks for process improvement in the area of IT Service Management.
Who is this for?
Any organization seeing to improvise its service management system and ready to adopt the best practices would qualify for SMS. Typical industries would include:
- Insurance services
- Healthcare services
- Hotel and tourism services
- Government services
- Telecommunication services
- IT and IT-enabled services
- Or any other business that involves the provision of services
- Demonstrate capability for the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services that fulfill service requirements
- Set up a method to monitor, measure and review service management processes and services
- Improve the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services through the effective implementation and operation of the SMS.
- Reduce risk and thus cost in terms of external service receipt
- Creation of a stable framework for both resource training and service management automation.
How can we help?
Consulting: Using the ITIL® best practices and ISO 20000 as the basis, ECCI provides IT Service Management and governance end-to-end solutions – from assessments to strategic planning to implementation, continuous improvement and beyond. Experienced consultants work hand-in-hand with customers every step of the way.
ITIL® Training: ECCI is a ‘Licensed ITIL Affiliate’ offering ITIL®courses (ILT and eLearning) across the entire professional certification framework.
Implementation Toolkit: ECCI has developed a stand-alone SMS implementation toolkit filled with templates and artefacts for organizations striving to implement ITIL.