- What is Business Continuity Management?
Business Continuity Management is a holistic management process that identifies potential threats to an organization and the impacts to business operations that those threats would incur. It provides a framework for building organizational resilience with the capability for an effective response that safeguards the interests of its key stakeholders, reputation, brand and value-creating activities. The most adopted framework for organizations to implement is based on ISO 22301 (Business Continuity Management System)
- Why do organizations need Business Continuity Management?
Business continuity is vital to business success, and in today’s interconnected world, virtually every aspect of a company’s operation is vulnerable to disruption. Consider the Philippines, implementing business continuity practices is not a matter of choice but is a must considering the number of natural disasters that hit the country every year. It is the time now that no matter the size of the organization, be it large or a small scale, they should have their business continuity & disaster recovery plans in place to effectively manage themselves during any such calamity and also to sustain in this very competitive market.
Who is this for?
Any organization who would like to adopt the best practices of business continuity and disaster recovery can implement BCMS measures. For critical business units in any organization, it is essential to have BCMS in place to ensure continuous delivery of key products and services. Such industries include:
- Utility (Power, Water, Telecom)
- Banking and Financial (BFSI)
- Retail Stores
- Healthcare services
- Distribution & Logistic
- BPOs & Call Center and, many more
- Proactively identify the impacts of an operational disruption
- Determine an effective response to disruptions which minimizes the impact on the organization
- Maintains an ability to manage risks
- Encourages cross-team working
- Demonstrate a credible response through a process of exercising
- Enhance an organization’s reputation
- Gain a competitive advantage and customer confidence
How can we help?
- ECCI helps the customers in establishing processes, resources, and guidelines based on the requirements of ISO 22310 to ensure the availability of critical functions and services to customers during any disaster situation and preparing them to achieve the certification. Key areas we focus during the implementation are:
– Current State Assessment
– Conduct Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
– Conduct Risk Assessment (RA)
– Development of Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
– Align BCM with Risk Management
– Implement ISO 22301 standard requirements
– Support in developing Disaster Recovery (DR) Strategies
– Perform drills and testing to verify the feasibility of plans
- Our team of experts has supported some of the large and complex organizations in the country with an effective business continuity management system and get them certified.