- What is ISO/TS 16949?
ISO/TS 16949 is a Technical Specification from ISO and one of the most popular industry-specific standards. It specifies the quality system requirements for the design/development, production, and where relevant, installation and servicing of automotive-related products. The standard aims to align the existing automotive quality system requirements within the global automotive industry.
It has been authored by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) – with participating members from the private sector and regulatory agencies. Along with customer specific requirements, ISO/TS 16949 has been accepted as equivalent to the following automotive quality standards VDA (Germany), AVSQ (Italy) and EAQF (France)
- Why do organizations need ISO/TS 16949?
Automotive Organizations face ever-changing customer demands, in addition to growing safety and environmental concerns and there is a need to balance goals of increasing productivity, efficiency, and innovation, with needs of improving product quality, safety, and reliability.
Who is this for?
- Relevant to automotive production and service part organisations only
- Applicable only to sites where production or service parts are manufactured
- Any tier within the supply chain is eligible
- A potential supplier can only be accepted for registration to the scheme if they have a documented request for quotation or is in the bid list of a subscribing customer.
- Fulfill key requirements from the major automotive makers
- Drive greater transparency and consistency in the output
- Set up a systematic approach to manage processes and improve product quality levels
- Reduce / Eliminate customer complaints and retention of customers
- Gain customer recognition and approval and compete at a global stage
How can we help?
Consulting: Using the guidance provided in the International standards, ECCI helps organizations apply ISO/TS 16949 to comply with international automotive quality system requirements in order to compete in the global market
Training: ECCI prepares practitioners and auditors to understand all the aspects of ISO/TS 16949