The Client has been a beacon of financial confidence. Its strong heritage in responsible banking is evidenced by the many accolades the bank has gained both from industry experts and ordinary customers. The Client finds itself in the strongest position to this call. Its products and services are tailored to help people maximize what they have to afford the life they want, from the young family that wants to build their own home, to the taxi driver who wants to own the car he drives, to the overseas worker who wants to come home for good.
There is an identified need to establish a quality management system (QMS) for the Client’s Information Systems group to keep it in line with their organization’s commitment to total quality management.
As a banking institution, their Information Systems group supports vital financial and business transactions. Being one of the largest banks in the Philippines in terms of revenues and assets, it is evident how assuring the quality of their information systems is of utmost importance.
- Critical Areas for Improvement:
The Client was able to gain a clear picture of the current state of their processes and identify critical areas where improvement was necessary
- Reduced Losses:
Losses due to waste of resources and lost-opportunity-costs were identified and reduced
- Improved Measurement and Monitoring Capabilities:
Appropriate metrics were set up to be able to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the processes in place and the changes that they might enact
ECCI ensured that there was a seamless implementation of aligning existing policies, processes and practices to the desired best industry practices. The Quality Management System was implemented, sustained and continually improved through the following implementation steps:
- Assessed organizational practices, processes and methodologies
- Identified gaps between business and model requirements in current practices
- Established the process architecture to be able to align practices to business and industry requirements
- Focus group discussions were conducted to establish the framework
- Awareness trainings and workshops were conducted to communicate process capabilities across the organization
- Defined a strategy for rollout and implementation
- Constructed a framework to determine the effectiveness and adherence of systems by developing internal audit capability
How We Helped
About The Customer
The Client’s Information Systems group intends to excel in its programming standards and quality assurance methodology as a culture of continuous improvement and delivery excellence, where systems and processes create competitive advantages.
ECCI helped the client to have their processes aligned with the best practices of the CMMI framework and ISO 9001:2008 standards.